Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm a dumpster diver!

Never thought I would hear myself utter those words!
The other day, on my way to work, I passed a house that was having a garage sale. I saw they had tons of furniture and stuff...but just kept on driving. When I was coming home that evening, they had everything they didn't sell by the side of the road for trash pickup.
This is what I scored:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's an old sewing cabinet! It's still in really good condition, just needs a sanding and new coat of paint! I'm thinking I will do an antique "crackle" finish on it and put it in the foyer.

I also scored a chair! Here it is after I re-covered the seat cushion:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have to say that "dumpster diving" is potentially addicting!
Of course, the kids are mortified that their mother is doing this!

2 comments:

Therese said...

the chair looks great JoAnn.

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!!!
Linda