Thursday, May 22, 2008

Saving $$$ During Summer

Besides rummaging for great vintage finds, I'm looking out for cheap entertainment for the kids. Today at the thrift store John Paul found a bag full of Ninja Turtles for two bucks! Ryan has pilfered through stacks and stacks of old books at garage sales and found PLENTY to keep him occupied all summer long! I even caught him reading at the pool the other day! I'm stocking up on games, puzzles, and books most of which are .25 to $3.00. Whenever I hear, "I'm bored!" I'll just send them to the storage closet to find their own entertainment!
We'll also be hitting the library, swimming at the neighborhood pool (thank God for that!), inviting friends over, and, of course, working in the garden.
So, are gas prices affecting what you will be doing this summer? Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments: