Friday, October 10, 2008

Apple Pumpkin Butter


You must make this NOW!
It is super easy, tastes like autumn, and makes your home smell so good!

APPLE PUMPKIN BUTTER

1 (29oz.) can of solid pack pumpkin
2 Cups apple cider
1 Cup applesauce
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
(I omitted the nutmeg and cloves and substituted 1 heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice!)

Mix all the ingredients in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and simmer uncovered for two hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened. You can also make this in your crockpot. Just cook on high for four hours or low for six. Refrigerate up to one month or freeze.
Trust me, you want to use a DEEP pot! This stuff bubbles and splatters!

Tie your jars up with pretty ribbon and bake some homemade bread. Your neighbors are gonna love you for it!
Oh yes, it tastes THAT good...

Your family will love you for it, too!

HEY! Put the bread down and step away from the apple pumpkin butter!
You're going to ruin you dinner!

On second thought, have another slice! I've been in the kitchen making this all afternoon and now dinner is going to be late...heck, it may BE our dinner!

4 comments:

Linda said...

ooohhh I wish I were your neighbor!!

Kalona said...

That sounds yum. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Stephanie said...

Oh that sounds so good! I love the ribbon you used to tie your jars with. I wish I were your neighbor too!

Margaret in Minnesota said...

This is such a fun post! You have a lovely sense of humor.

Oh, and that apple pumpkin butter recipe? Yum-O!