Monday, November 2, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

I have my four day (12-hr shifts) work week and Doug has a week FULL of editing shoots from the previous weeks. Meal prep is the last thing on our minds! I've got some quick fix/low prep meals planned so that we can slow down at the end of the day and enjoy each others company as a family...

Monday: Tortilla Soup. All the ingredients will go into the crock pot before I leave for work to simmer all day. Prior to serving, all Doug has to do is shred a little pepper jack cheese and open a bag of tortilla chips.

Tuesday: Amish Breakfast Casserole. I'll fry up the onion and bacon Monday night and then assemble this casserole before going to work. I also think I'll tweak it a bit by adding half cheddar/half swiss and adding some peppers from the garden. Doug can just pop it in the oven before I get home. Serve with fruit.

Wednesday: Classic Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes. Everything gets seasoned with garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper and then into the crock pot! Man, the house is going to smell soooo good by dinner time!

Thursday: 15 Bean Soup. Another great crock pot meal! Will have Kyle make some artisan bread to go with this one.

Friday: Rich Pasta for the Poor Kitchen. A very easy pasta dish that I'll tweak by adding some fresh spinach.

Saturday: Doug and I are going to the Foundation for Life gala in Houston. Kids are getting pizza ordered and going to the grandparents.

Sunday: Something on the grill....get your thinking cap on Doug, mama ain't cooking tonight!


No comments: