Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer craft

These gorgeous shells were collected by the boys from our day trip to the beach last week:

I really wanted to use them in something decorative, so I dug out an old grapevine wreath (50 cents from the thrift store) and we set out to cover it in hot glue and shells!

Add a little ribbon and a monogram and it's the perfect summer outdoor touch to the patio doors!
I'm thinking another trip to the beach is in order soon....
I'm dreaming up ways to use shells in some garden art, too!
(Plus, I just love the feel of the sand between my toes!)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'd opt for a rehab of a smallish thrift store mirror, working on some special ornaments to add to the Christmas decorations, OR perhaps some small boxes? Kind of a sailor's Valentine kind of thing?

Judy said...

Ohhh...what a great idea. We are finally getting around to painting and theming the 2nd bathroom. I just painted it sand color. The sea shell wreath is a pretty nifty idea, too bad there are no beaches for free shells.