Friday, November 26, 2010

Meatless Fridays

Yeah, I know we're all stuffed to the gills with Thanksgiving dinner so I thought I'd send out a wonderful side dish to eat with your leftover veggies. This recipe is great for me and my new low carb lifestyle (since being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes). It's all the comfort with none of the guilt! I'll be enjoying this with some leftover collard greens and roasted brussell sprouts. This week's Meatless Friday meal is:

Mashed Cauliflower
(a.k.a. Fauxtatoes)

1 head of cauliflower cut into florets
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Place cauliflower florets and peeled garlic cloves on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Coat in 1-2 TBS. of olive oil and roast at 400 degrees until fork tender (about 25-30 minutes). When cauliflower and garlic is cooled to the touch, put into a food processor and add sour cream, salt, and pepper. Process until thick and creamy like potatoes and enjoy!

No comments: