Tuesday, September 6, 2011

From drab to FAB!

Well, I got one out of two projects completed this weekend ~
Not too bad for an old pregnant lady!

You remember our old glider rocker before...


Now check out the after!

I went to Hob Lob and found this damask upholstery fabric on sale for 10 bucks a yard (normally $21.99!) and decided to paint the frame chocolate instead of antique white. I cannot tell you how much I love this new look!

I think it will be one of my little "nursing nests" for when the baby comes. I even filled up a basket with diapers, wipes, burp cloths, blankies, and the all important Boppy to sit beside the rocker.

I'm sure many a late night will be spent here...and I can't wait!


2 comments:

Linda said...

That's amazing!! How did you get that fabric to fit so well?!

JoAnnC. said...

Just laid the covered cushion down on the fabric, pulled it up to the seam line and measured all the way around, then added enough for seam allowance. Sewed the whole thing together then stuffed the cushion in like a pillowcase. Hand sewed the bottom seam. VERY EASY!!!