Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes


On this very cold and rainy day, we skipped school work to devote the day in celebration of the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes.  
After a lesson on the life of Bernadette Soubirou and the apparitions at Lourdes, France, the boys set about making a cereal treat grotto for Our Lady.




Complete with Twizzlers "roses"!




Then we settled in for one of my all time favorite movies, 
'The Song of Bernadette'.



We finished the movie just in time to attend an evening Mass at a wonderful little church in a nearby town.  It has a grotto with a depiction of the Blessed Mother appearing to Bernadette.

 For the most part, it was a very peaceful family day.


Until after dinner, 
when the boys devoured the grotto!


Divine Jesus, 
You sent the Blessed Mother to Saint Bernadette to show the world that God is real. 
Just like Mary asked to the girl to dig for a spring of healing water to appear,
 show me how to be cleansed of my sinful tendencies. 
Give to me our dear Mother when I need her tender love and holy inspiration.
 As I go through difficulties, cover me with her prayers. 
When I have important decisions to make, 
ask her to intercede for me until I understand and follow the Holy Spirit’s guidance. 
When it's time for me to die, send her to carry me peacefully into the arms of our heavenly Father.

 Our Lady of Lourdes, pray for me. 

 Amen.

No comments: